UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, TAMPA, FL (August 2015 – May 2017)
Graduate Student (M.S., Geology)
Completed graduate-level courses on the physics of groundwater flow, hydrogeological modeling, applied geophysics, seismology, advanced mapping, paleoclimate, geochronology, and spatial database design. I have completed all requirements for graduation and am awaiting documentation.
- Authored master’s thesis, “3D Cave and Ice Block Morphology from Integrated Geophysical Methods: A Case Study at Scărişoara Ice Cave, Romania,” which amalgamated ground penetrating radar depths, 3D photogrammetry models, and a total station survey to create a fully 3D model of portions of Scărişoara Ice Cave and to describe its morphology.
- Participated in geophysics field excursions to Flagstaff, AZ and Brooksville, FL and a mapping excursion to Death Valley, CA
- Exposed to programming in Matlab, Python (via ArcPy for ArcGIS and ObsPy for seismic data), and FORTRAN (MODFLOW)
- Awarded Fred L & Helen M Tharp Fellowship
- GPA of 3.8
OBTAINED FLORIDA PROFESSIONAL GEOLOGIST LICENSE (March 2014)
FAMILY BUSINESSES (July 2013 – July 2015)
Co-Owner / Manager
Participated as a co-owner and manager of several family businesses consisting of a classic car collection and sales company and investment real estate companies.
- Developed, designed, and implemented classic car business logo, website, on-line marketing campaigns, and on-line word and visual advertisements generating tens of thousands of views by potential customers
- Primary contact for all classic car sales
- Supervised staff, parts suppliers, and vendors in relation to classic car restorations and collection maintenance
- Participated in the purchase and leasing of several industrial real estate projects and supervised the renovation of one newly acquired industrial property
- Participated in the financial analysis of all businesses
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING & TECHNOLOGY (ECT), FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (April 2008 – July 2013)
Managed a wide variety of projects and sub-contractors. Performed and reported on surface and groundwater quality investigations, site characterization, source removal, site remediation, tank closure assessments, environmental site assessments, groundwater monitoring-well installations, and lithologic logging. Practiced in quality assurance and quality control procedures. Formerly certified as an Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor. Expert in drafting (AutoCAD) and geographic information systems (ArcGIS).
Selected major accomplishments included:
- Provided data management, analysis and critical GIS mapping capabilities for the largest Phase I/II environmental site assessment in Florida’s History (U.S. Sugar Corporation assets in the Florida Everglades)
- Supervised corrective actions and created as-built maps for the multimillion-dollar chlordane cleanup effort at Southern Golden Gate Estates (Florida Everglades), Collier County, FL
- Conducted phase II assessments and specialized reporting on the characterization, removal, and relocation of arsenic impacted soils relating to the construction of the Tamiami Trail bridge (Florida Everglades)
- Analyzed well/boring data and created a 3D model of a large petroleum groundwater contaminant plume under the Volusia County Courthouse
- Conducted phase I/II assessments and participated in post-spill remedial actions at multiple properties and/or fuel depots at Port Everglades
- Merged remedial action cost estimates and GIS data from site assessments related to the acquisition and cleanup of dozens of South Florida Water Management District properties – these data were seamlessly described in a single set of construction documents
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE, FL, B.S., GEOLOGY (2004-2007)
BRIGHT FUTURES SCHOLARSHIP (FLORIDA ACADEMIC SCHOLAR)